We Build Success
It is not just our expertise in crisis management that has earned BPL Management the trust of successful business owners and financers, it is the passion and commitment of our consultants. We are guided by trust and transparency. The success of our clients is at the forefront of our mission.
We believe that good communication and coordination is at the heart of any successful venture – especially construction projects. We put ourselves in our client’s shoes and work closely with the various specialists on each project – architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers and others – to manage the project to ensure completion on schedule and within budget while still meeting building codes, plans and specifications.
BPL Project Management Services
Design and Engineering
- Concept Development
- Project Budgeting
- Value Engineering
- Pre-construction Site Analysis (Geotechnical, Topography etc)
- Consultants Evaluation and Selection
- Client Consultant Coordination
- Preparation of Tender Documents
- Contractor and Sub- Contractor Evaluation and Selection
- Planning and Scheduling
- Logistics Planning
- Procurement Assistance
- Site Supervision
- QA and QC Procedures
- Implementation of Safety Protocols
- Project Controls and Progress Review Meetings
- Critical Activity Analysis
Project Completion and Validation
- Equipment and Services Commissioning (Lifts, Borehole, Generator, Biodigestor, etc.)
- Validation of Actual Built Vs Design
- Compliance Audits
- Documentation (Review, As-Built, Reports)
- Project Closing and Final Costing
- Project Handover
Dreams are unique. So are risks. We are here to help you respond and recover.
In a time of crisis, the ability to rapidly assess, inform and make decisions collaboratively and proactively is critical. We have the ability to adapt and keep a project going even when things go wrong. Our consultants are great problem solvers who are able to quickly identify risks and provide clear and timely solutions to all the project stakeholders that take into account any possible problems that could arise.
Time and cost overruns are common in the construction sector and can quickly derail projects. Technical, cost, and scheduling uncertainties in projects typically require a high degree of project management if success is to be achieved.
Building Obstacles Into Opportunities
Projects in the East African region are increasingly complex which requires specialization and enhanced managerial ability. In an effort to “save” time and money, we see some common mistakes that unnecessarily lead to major issues. These are:
- Owners spending too little time on proper planning and design which causes the design and construction phases to overlap and results in expensive rectification and changes.
- Hiring the cheapest team rather than good consultants which inevitably leads to inadequate project management which then puts the project in jeopardy.
- Manipulation of competitive tendering that has led to a lack of trust and confrontational relationships. This has resulted in hostility between the stakeholders (especially between the owner and contractors) of a project which increases the uncertainty of proper construction and completion.
To mitigate these issues, BPL Management, through stakeholder engagement, negotiation and design rework, finds a workable solution and gets the project back on track towards successful completion.
BPL is capable of handling the entire spectrum of the construction sector, from simple development projects to complicated construction projects. Over the past four years, direct owners, banks, pension funds and other financiers have engaged BPL Management to review and fast-track delayed, over-budget projects and most importantly, safeguard their precious capital.
Come talk to us. We will help you out.